Welcome to Hurleyville...

HOME
HURLEYVILLE NOW
HURLEYVILLE-IANS AROUND THE WORLD
STREETS OF HURLEYVILLE
FRANCIS CURREY
HURLEYVILLE SENTINEL
HURLEYVILLE SULLIVAN FIRST
COMMUNITY LINKS
REAL ESTATE FOR SALE
FOR RENT


HURLEYVILLE THEN...





Main Street - 1870's

Please click the photo for a larger view.
Photo courtesy of Cornell University Library



Main Street - 1870's

Please click the photo for a larger view.
Photo courtesy of Cornell University Library



A view of Hurleyville from Columbia Hill by Otto Hillig



A view of Hurleyville from Columbia Hill by G. Laidlaw



The Waldorf House...
This building became
The Village Tavern, The Chug-A-Lug, Hat Trix, Christopher's and Uccelli's



The Post Office...
This site was later the home of Ernie's and Red Lee's.



1899



The Creamery and train



The Hurleyville Post Office...



P.V. Mentnech
Harness Maker
Open for Business - April 20, 1902
This building became Perk's Market.



A view of Main Street in 1904



1904



"Upper" Main Street



Main Street photographed by Walter Quick



Main Street



The Waldorf House...
by Laidlaw and Wood



A bird's-eye view of Hurleyville...1906...
from the top of Baker Hill...
photographed by Walter Quick



A view of Main Street in 1906



George Quick and his 3-legged horse, Dolly,
in front of Wood's Studio



"Upper" Main Street



Looking up Columbia Hill in 1906...
the Columbia Hotel is on the right.




Main Street looking north



Hope Souvenir Factory


This leather postcard was probably made at the Hope Souvenir Factory.



Travellers at Luzon Station



Travellers at Luzon Station in 1907



To see larger versions of the
Ontario & Western Railroad
Mountain Express
accident in Hurleyville in 1907
please click on the photos below.




Click here to read about the
Ontario & Western Railroad
Mountain Express
accident in Hurleyville in 1907.



Post Office...1907



The Knapp Block...1907



The Old Mill...1907



Hurleyville from Columbia Hill...1908



Columbia House...1908



Luzon Station...1908



Luzon Station...1909



Columbia Hotel...1909



A view of Main Street in 1910...
a kiosk displaying photos is on the sidewalk on the left in front of
Wood's Studio.



Another view of Main Street in 1910...



A fire on Main Street in 1910...
Wood's Studio is in the background.
Firefighters are using the hand pumper.
The wheel of the hose cart is on the left.

MORE EARLY VIEWS OF MAIN STREET



The Waldorf House is on the left.



Lawrence Casino and Bowling Alley



1911...
This building became home to Ace Trading,
the Hurleyville Antique Center
and, today, Nadia's.

Click on the clipping below to read about
the fire in 1911 that destroyed
O'Neill's Hotel and other buildings.



1911



The Hurleyville Public School...1912...A.J. Fairbank, builder



A fire at the church



Crossing the stream at the bottom of Columbia Hill...
the Quick house is on the right.



Hurleyville Loch Sheldrake Road



Lawrence Casino and Evans Ice Cream Factory



Brophy House



The Kile House



Columbia Hotel



Morningside Boat Landing



Hurleyville Station



Luzon Station Post Office



Early view of
Luzon Station



Another early view of
Luzon Station



St. Mary's Church




1915
Rose (King) Mentnech, George Mentnech, Lizzy Myer,
P.V. Mentnech (driving his Model T Ford),
Nicholas Mentnech and Mary (Kilday) Mentnech



A bird's-eye view of Hurleyville in 1915



Luzon Station...1915



1916



Columbia Hotel and Cottages...1917





HOME
HURLEYVILLE NOW
HURLEYVILLE-IANS AROUND THE WORLD
STREETS OF HURLEYVILLE
FRANCIS CURREY
HURLEYVILLE SENTINEL
HURLEYVILLE SULLIVAN FIRST
COMMUNITY LINKS
REAL ESTATE FOR SALE
FOR RENT

Created by

...A CATSKILL ORIGINAL